Wednesday, May 11, 2005

KICBLOG - Independence Day 2005!

I felt Yom Ha'atzmaut (Israel Independence Day) a good occasion to begin the KICBLOG. Why not? Besides, my new educational initiative (KIC-Keeping It Current) centers around opening doors (windows and shutters too!) that lead to a better, more thorough understanding of Israeli Current Affairs.

Israel is such a tiny country geographically and yet remains the focal point of news agencies worldwide and often the target of much criticism and attack. Maybe some of the criticism is justified? We'll talk about it another day...

But today, as the wailing memorial sirens begin to drift from our chilled spines and we begin the quick and difficult transition into the celebratory world of Independence Day, let us not forget those who have fallen (soldiers and civilians) in defense of this interesting, Holy and ever-exciting Land and may we be blessed with a secure, just and honest peace for all in the coming year.

Keep KIC-ing along with me - I look forward to your thoughts too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the info you worte - I like it. I think if you give it a while you can make this into a pretty successful business. I'll try and see if there are other people around who might like to use your services.

Lior - Speak to you tonight!